- Revolution Market Overview
- Revolution Market User-Interface
- Browsing the Market
- Listings that are banned in the Revolution Market
- Revolution Market Payment Methods
- Payment Coins and Related Policies
- Revolution Market Security
- Unique features
- Revolution Market Pros and Cons
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Revolution Darknet Market, or RDM for short, is a clandestine online marketplace operating since April 2021.
RDM features about 2,000 listings that include various contraband items, including drugs and stolen information.
Although it is relatively small compared to more well-known darknet markets such as Alphabay and Archetyp, RDM has become increasingly popular over the past year due to its reliable and discreet services. But what makes it unique among its competitors? Actually that’s what we’re going to discuss in this article.
Revolution Market Overview
Revolution Market, a smaller darknet market, opened in April 2021, claiming to have been created by activists. The marketplace enforces PGP encryption for all communications with Monero (XMR) support.
In the next few months, the market plans to become a Monero-only marketplace, but until further notice, it also supports transactions through Bitcoin via multisig transaction purposes.
It uses a two-factor authentication protocol.
Revolution Market is one of the smallest marketplaces due to less than 2,500 listings in its inventory. Vendors seem to be focused on the EU and UK areas, but we saw some willing to ship worldwide.
|Revolution Market URL||http://jagayshovxfjqpk4vs6cdjv5qbuyftrr57e5l4kwazmbyemjcasrwaqd.onion/|
|Number of Listings||2,000+|
|PGP||Forced for Vendors|
|2FA||Forced for Vendors|
|FE||For Trusted Vendors Only|
|Multisig||Bitcoin Multisig option available|
|Bug Bounty Program||Yes, No amount specified|
|Language Support||English only|
|Currency Support||Bitcoin, Monero|
|Instant Withdraws||Manual Withdraws|
|Date Market Opened||April 2021|
On the bright side, they guarantee the whole month’s commissions to 10 members every fourth subscription. This is a secure way of rewarding current and prospective clients for their loyalty to expand the company’s customer base. This is a strong incentive for members to continue marketing, but at the same time, it isn’t easy to verify the accuracy of the announcement.
Vendors get pleasure from a significantly cheaper vendor bond at the Revolution markets. The low outlay ($115) makes it a compelling option compared to other marketplaces. Vendors are allowed to pay this bond in XMR.
Revolution Market has put its entire focus on its client, providing the best state of security services. The market offers an overview of vendors that have been banned or received a warning from the Revolution market. The market also displays the number of times a vendor has lost a dispute.
Additionally, the Revolution market educates its clientele with a detailed list of scammy behaviors that vendors pull out and provides all the necessary help to users to have a smooth experience on the market.
Revolution Market User-Interface
The overall layout of the market resembles the classic AlphaBay model with few new features from the other trading markets. In the meantime, it’s still heavily buggy and comes with a protracted period before it can provide a smooth user experience.
Browsing the Market
Revolution’s online marketplace isn’t the most user-friendly, but the search box on each screen has an input box. After clicking on a category, a drop-down list of subcategories will appear.
Below the drop-down menu, a series of search filters are available (including options such as ships from to, FE-enabled, price range, XMR accepted, and vendor last seen).
Here is the complete list of listings available on the Revolution Market:
- Drugs (Alcohol, Benzos, Cannabis & Hashish, Dissociatives, Ecstasy, Opioids, Other Drugs, Paraphernalia, Prescription, Psychedelics, Steroids, Stimulants, Tobacco)
- Metals (Gold, Jewels, Misc Metals, Silver)
- Carded Goods (Clothing, Digital, Electronic, Jewelry, Other)
- Software & Malware (Botnets, Exploits, Kits, Malware, Security Software, Trojans)
- Security & Hosting (Hosting, Socks, VPN)
- Guides (Drug Guides, Fraud Guides, Hacking Guides, Misc Guides)
- Fraud (Accounts, CCV & Cards, Dumps, Misc Fraud, Scans)
- Counterfeit Goods (Designer Clothing, Electronics, Fake ID, Fake Money, Misc Counterfeit Items)
- Digital Goods (Ebooks, Digital Software, Fraud Software, Games, Misc Software)
- Misc Goods
- Services (Misc Services, Social Engineering, Tutorial Services)
Being a newer market, Revolution, at the moment, doesn’t have a large number of subcategories in its listings inventory. Like most darknet markets, the Revolution market has put most of the listings on the drug category, making Cannabis and Hashish the most significant subcategory. Next to the drug category, the second biggest listing is Opioids.
Listings that are banned in the Revolution Market
- Revolution has banned the sale of fentanyl and its analogues, knowing that they pose a severe threat from law enforcement agencies internationally, particularly in the Americas (US and Canada). Clicking on a product listing will cause an information window to appear with additional details.
- Underage adult videos and anything relatable to child abuse are banned on the market. In addition, even its discussion can lead your account to get banned from the marketplace.
- Weapons or anything that motivates terrorism are banned from the website.
In the above image, you can see the following details:
- Short description
- Quantity Left
- FE enabled
- XMR accepted
- Order type
- Price in BTC and XMR
- Vendor name, listing date and vendor level
- Shipping options
Beneath this, the tab provides the following options:
- Item description
- Item feedback
- Item return policy
Read these tabs before placing your order with a vendor for the first time, as this will give you an idea of what to expect during your delivery process. For example, some vendors may pick specific shipping methods, while others may be highly selective about where they will ship.
Before placing an order with a vendor, it’s recommended that you examine the supplier’s profile. You can review the vendor’s information by clicking their name at the top of the screen, beneath the item photo and to the right next to the words “Sold by.”
Revolution Market Payment Methods
Bitcoin (BTC) and Monero (XMR) are used as deposit options. Vendors can choose to use Multisig for BTC payments, but many do not (we have yet to hear of any vendors that do; problems are being reported on the market for using this option).
We recommend you deposit cryptocurrency coins first into a traditional wallet, with payments held through a market escrow system. Although many customers are not fond of this feature, we suggest always depositing only a fraction of the amount to cover one order at a time. Experienced vendors on the market are provided with FE privileges.
Payment Coins and Related Policies
The revolution market currently has support for both BTC and XMR. However, the market recommends using XMR whenever possible due to its Anonymous nature. BTC, on the other hand, is easily traceable through the entry on the blockchain.
Revolution Market aims to remove BTC as a deposit option, making the market XMR-only shortly.
You can’t pay from the external wallet as the Revolution market is currently a wallet-less marketplace. Coins must be there in the market wallet before you initiate the payment procedure of a product.
On the bright side, the market does support multi-sig payments, which necessitates the participation of at least two parties from the three involved (market/vendor/buyer) to facilitate the transaction process.
Note that a multisig is optional. Configuring it will require a few extra steps. You can always choose the escrow system that does not require this setting.
You can make withdrawals by paying a fee. For BTC, it’s 0.00012232BTC/withdrawal, whereas Monero’s fee is 0.02XMR/transaction.
Revolution Market Security
The two primary security feature that Revolution Market provides is:
2-FA: activate this setup through PGP. It is designed to protect your account information if you lose access to it.
PIN: This setting is configured upon registration. This is used for withdrawals.
Revolution Market also offers a bug bounty program for its users. If the users can find security vulnerabilities on the market, they’re paid handsomely for informing such issues. This, in turn, enhances the safety of the market.
Revolution market provides this for users’ fund security. It comes in use when the market is not reachable, seized or shows no activity for 30 days; this additional server will refund all the amount of its clientele refund address that is generally stored in the user profiles.
This avoids most of the attacks. Of course, it does not prevent you from exit scams!
This upcoming feature aims to allow vendors to add extra members to assist them by replying to emails or sending orders. They, however, won’t be able to withdraw or interact with vendor funds.
Revolution Market Pros and Cons
- An easy-to-use user interface
- There are a lot of products to choose from in the Drugs category
- The market tends to engage with the community while providing all the necessary updates
- There are limited options of categories and vendors
- It mainly relies on the standard escrow system
- No reputable vendors from Australia or North America
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Currently, there are 2000+ listings available on the market.
No, it doesn’t.
The market currently supports deposits in BTC and XMR