Tor Market is a newly launched darknet market that entered in late 2018.
Since its operation, the market has been the victim of some high-traffic problems, errors, and downtime. However, it has remained at its current address for almost two years, which is astounding, given the number of platforms that have come and gone during this period.
It is yet to attract many vendors and users to its place but is constantly introducing new features to attract customers. To know such features, keep reading this article!7trdzgiw76zeblgk45xklmzvb67e7lkn5t7c2j64rxzlfzsw7n44b6ad.onion
Tor Market Overview
Tor Market provides a preview of its products without registering an account. However, the sample previews are available for just five items. Still, product sample listings are clickable, allowing you to view the entire description of each listed item.
You must log in to view the vendor pages and item feedback and to make a purchase. Surprisingly, Tor’s captcha systems involve answering a simple geography question.
|Tor Market URL||7trdzgiw76zeblgk45xklmzvb67e7lkn5t7c2j64rxzlfzsw7n44b6ad.onion|
|Market Forum URL||N/A|
|Number of Listings||800+|
|Vendor Bond||Invite Only|
|PGP||Forced for Vendors|
|2FA||Forced for Vendors|
|FE||For Trusted Vendors Only|
|Multisig||No Multisig option available|
|Bug Bounty Program||No|
|Currency Support||Bitcoin, Monero, Zcash, Litecoin|
|Date Market Opened||March 2018|
Most darknet marketplaces operate their live wallets that are accessible to their server, and if the page goes down, it is challenging to recover. Tor Market utilizes its separate wallet and payment platform in a different location isolated over the TOR web network.
Some functions of the market consist of
- 2FA login
- no-escrow available for some vendors
- having to pay separately for more than one purchase
- cloning of product
- managing stock quantity
- straightforward order process
- customer service
Tor market belongs to the smallest market category, with only 800 listings in its inventory.
Here are some of the categories that Tor Market provides:
- Cannabis edibles
- Cannabis extracts
- Cannabis seeds
Generally, 1/3rd of the merchandise on Tor Market is listed under the Cannabis category. The next biggest category includes Psychedelics, which has about 100 listings. Various categories published by Tor Market consist of the newest and famous category buyers who would instead navigate the market according to those criteria.
Bitcoin (BTC), Monero (XMR), Litecoin (LTC), and Zcash (ZEC) are the four supported cryptocurrencies by Tor Market as a deposit option. XMR and ZEC are ideal for users who want more anonymity while processing transactions, as these two coins are harder to track than BTC and LTC.
Tor market added Litecoin and Zcash because their network transaction fees are lower than Bitcoin. Due to network congestion, the Bitcoin network can be slow and expensive, so the website added LTC and Zcash as alternative options. Both coins are clones of the bitcoin source code, making ordering items and managing finances simpler.
However, bitcoin has the upper hand compared to these two coins when it comes to the security of funds. The primary advantage of Zcash and Litecoin is that they are quicker and cheaper in terms of transaction fees.
No other electronic currency can match Zcash privacy as it hides the transaction amount and addresses. Not every vendor will take all forms of cryptocurrency for payments. The market utilizes the standard escrow market account systems and doesn’t have support for bitcoin multi-signature addresses. Additionally, the Tor market supports FE orders and grants FE status to reputable vendors.
A transaction is completed once sufficient blockchain confirmation has been obtained. Blockchain confirmations for Bitcoin payments need three, while Litecoin payments require 10. Zcash payments are finalized in 18 confirmations.
New sellers undergo a trial period to evaluate their viability in this market. If there is an unusually high amount of customer complaints regarding their viability, the market may revoke the allowed trial period and bond.
This applies even when the new vendor is not blatantly scamming, i.e., they could ignore the orders and other grievances. New vendor accounts suspected of being scams are frozen for six months before orders are received, and their bonds are retained.
- The bond is refundable six months after joining if a satisfactory track record is established.
- A bond waiver is possible if a supplier is active on the leading marketplaces with adequate sales to evaluate their performance—preferably 30 sales and feedback in the last month. Requesting a waiver requires you to make a PGP fingerprint of your request and send it in a support ticket.
- Vendors must not divulge customer details.
- Vendors shall not ask their customers to finalize early before receiving authorization to create non-escrow products.
- Information about the shipping time between when an order is placed, and the expected delivery date should be fully displayed on the product description or vendor page.
- Vendors are not allowed to set shipped status before a day of shipping.
- When a vendor accepts an order, they confirm that they’re capable of completing the order, that the delivery address could be decrypted, and that the shipping options are correct.
- The vendor should respond to the customer refund request under the terms of the Tor Market message and maintain consistent communication until the issue is resolved; otherwise, escrow funds will go to the buyer.
- Only one listing per product is needed for each product, and you can clone products and create new listings for custom orders only.
- Maintaining vendor-to-user communication on an online platform like wickr is considered suspicious and is mainly done by scammers. Ensure all online interaction stays on the market so that if any disputes arise, the market will resolve them more expediently.
- The vendor should pay 5% of the commission fees to the market. For withdrawal, the current fee is 0.00017 BTC.
The web server does not store any private PGP keys, so it would not be possible to decrypt PGP messages even after obtaining a copy of the server.
The entire web server and all computer systems used by the administrators of tor markets have full-disk encryption. They are based on the most secure open-source operating systems (not Windows or Apple).
Access to the server’s network is through TOR, with additional hops using other networks in addition to TOR. This avoids even a single user or operator from showing up on the network traces of the server.
All servers that take on traffic from the market (i.e., the market’s HTTP traffic) utilize DNS lookup via TOR. General outbound web traffic is restricted to internet firewall rules. These safeguards are adopted to prevent any accidental outbound traffic that would disclose IP addresses.
Cookies are all stored on the client side, signed, and encrypted. No session data is stored on the server, allowing increased speed without sacrificing security.
Market and Buyer Policies
- Product listings must include medicines, drugs, and drug paraphernalia.
- The selling of fentanyl or its analogs is banned.
- Selling fake drugs or having inaccurate descriptions of the products are not allowed.
- Shipment to the USA is not allowed.
- Impersonification of Vendors is strictly prohibited. Refrain from using the same vendor names.
- Do not use the system to mislead other users.
- Before running automated requests, ask the market for permission.
- All messages, orders, and support tickets that carry private personal information must be encrypted with PGP.
- If the vendor doesn’t visit the site for seven days and is not in vacation mode, their listings may be automatically disabled.
- Administrators may remove product listings and disable accounts to enforce these rules.
- The market will hold refunds of expired or canceled orders for 21 days until a customer enters the wallet address. After 21 days, the market can delete the funds in the system.
- Russian vendors are allowed to lower the commission rate to 3.5%.
- Do not leave unpaid orders that you created intentionally.
- When you receive your package, promptly finalize to expedite the vendor receiving their payment.
- Don’t spam vendors with messages. Messages should be related to products.
- Feedback left regarding an order should be specific to that particular order. Therefore, you shouldn’t change feedback on old orders from good to bad based on the newer order.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some benefits of using the Tor Market include privacy and security. Privacy refers to avoiding being tracked online, and safety refers to being protected from hackers.
Yes, the market is entirely safe to use
Yes, you can. The security systems at Tor Market verify each feedback and take down the ones they consider fake.